Sussex Chamber of Commerce business networking events brings you face to face with some of the brightest business minds both counties has to offer. Build your connections through our 100+ annual events which will get you shaking hands with the right people.
At Sussex Chamber, we realise that now more than ever our role in supporting and leading businesses to grow is of vital importance. To inform and drive the growth of Sussex businesses, we are pleased to offer the following events in order for you to grow your business connections.
Join us on 29 January for our workshop ‘Understanding the basics of Digital Bookkeeping’.
About this Event As a small business owner understanding the financial position of your business is extremely important. In order to do so, you need to be aware of the basics of accounting and bookkeeping and in this workshop, Emma Hardwick from our Plus Advisory team will demonstrate how digital accounting software, such as Xero can be used to help achieve this.
Description Plus Accounting have 6 free 45 minute advice sessions available.
These sessions are aimed at those wanting to know more about starting a business, anticipating high growth with an annual turnover in excess of £100,000; Business plans Registering with HMRC for Tax and National Insurance VAT Registration Appropriate trading status i.e. sole trader, partnership or limited company Record Keeping
Stratus Coaching - 1-day MHFA Champions course
The one day mental health awareness and skills course qualifies you as an Adult MHFA Champion.
MHFA Champions have:
• An understanding of common mental health issues
• Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness
• Ability to spot signs of mental ill health
• Skills to support positive wellbeing
Stratus Coaching - Half day MHFA Refresher course
The four hour Refresher course will support your Mental Health First Aiders and MHFA Champions by:
• Renewing their skills • Updating their knowledge of mental health supports
• Giving them the chance to practice applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan Enabling your Mental Health First Aiders and MHFA Champions to refresh their skills, the same way your physical first aiders do, is a great way to demonstrate your organisation’s commitment to treating mental health and physical health equally. Investing in the course will give you the confidence that your Mental Health First Aiders and MHFA Champions are performing their role safely and effectively.
The premise of the MHFA courses is to educate managers and employees in order to de-stigmatise Mental Health and put it on the same level as physical disorders and first aid.
The Adult MHFA course is a comprehensive and world class course that will teach your employees:
• About the different types of mental health disorders
• Skills to help a colleague who may be suffering with their mental health such as non-judgemental listening
• What help and support there is in place to help someone who is struggling A combination of facilitated group exercises, presentations, videos and the included MHFA workbook are all used in the course to help learning.