This course is aimed at managers who have had several years’ experience of managing staff and who have had no formalised management training.
It is a useful follow up to Sussex Chamber Introduction to Supervision programme or The Essentials of Supervision and Team Leadership.
The programme also stands alone as a useful overview to equip managers with the tools to handle people issues and interpersonal challenges. Managers will leave with a clear understanding of what they can do to get the best results from their staff.
Key Topic Areas:
Modern Management Best Practise
- What is expected of today’s manager?
- What is the effect of your management style on the performance of staff?
- Adapting your leadership style tom people and situations
Motivating and Engaging your Staff
- How you can be a more motivating Manager to work for.
- What are the options for getting more discretionary effort from staff?
Effective Delegation to develop staff and free up your time
- Why the average manager struggles with delegation?
- Developing delegation guidelines that work.
- How to give motivational & developmental feedback
Managing Difficult situations
- Resolving conflict and conflict styles
- Different assertive options to manage conflict.
Final Action planning to bring it all back to the workplace.
Please see our terms and conditions for our cancellation policy. You must agree to these conditions before continuing to book.
Prices (excludes VAT)